Who can benefit from Drama therapy?
Drama therapists can work with individuals and groups of all ages and from all cultures. Drama therapy can work with a wide range of clients facing different challenges including:
- Developmental delay and learning disabilities.
- Physical or mental disability.
- Emotional disturbance.
- Psychiatric illness including personality, mood disorders and others.
- Neurological injuries/traumas.
- Victims of violence and sexual abuse.
- Rehabilitation from substance abuse.
- Stress, trauma, bereavement and other life crises.
- Those seeking personal growth and self-development.
- Groups seeking conflict resolution and team building.
Where Do Drama Therapists Practice?
Mental Health Facilities, Schools, Hospitals, Private Practice Settings, Substance Abuse Treatment Centers, Adult Day Care Centers, Correctional Facilities, Community Centers, After-school Programs, Shelters, Group Homes, Nursing Homes, Corporations, Theaters, Housing Projects, Medical Schools, Training Organizations.